Do you know a Polish designer named Oskar Zieta?
I am extremely proud of him and his designs. He invented a completely new technology of making furnitue - inflating steel. Though the technology itself had been known earlier, it had never been used this way before. As you'll see the metal furniture created by Zieta is really beautiful.
The stools are made from hydro-formed metal; two sheets of metal are welded together following the outline of the stool, which is then filled with fluid under pressure. The legs of the stool are then bent into place, creating a form that Zieta likens to inflatable furniture." - as Dezeen says.
|here he is: Oskar Zięta (on the left)|
|copper is really impressive here|
|I love this inflated steel mirror|
|Yes, the chair was really comfortable :) the stool...was not|
Do you like them?
Psssst, here are other posts from Lodz Design Festival:
1. 10 fresh ideas from Łódź Design Festival | W MOIM OBIEKTYWIE
2. Amazing and supermodern lamps I spotted at Lodz Design Festival
3. Industrial interiors and lamps in trendy OFF Piotrkowska, Lodz. IN MY LENS.
4. Ładne i praktyczne, czyli zachcianki zakupowe z Lodz Design Festival | ZACHCIANKA TYGODNIA
5. 9 designer trends at Łódź Design Festival | IN MY LENS
6. Fascinating architecture of Lodz, part 1
7. Fascinating architecture of Lodz, part 1